Resilience and Optimism
Schroders, 31 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7QA
Tuesday 31 January 2017
- Time5.30 to 9pm
We are pleased to invite you to a workshop on building your resilience and optimism through times of uncertainty delivered by Maria Antoniou, Managing Director at Prothos Consultancy.
This workshop is jointly hosted by the Gay Women’s Network and Schroders who both share a deep commitment to supporting career development and creating networking opportunities for members of the LGBT+ community and women.
- Introduction and objectives
- Sharing humorous stories – finding light in situations (especially during difficult times) is key to having an optimistic resilient approach
- Working through the change curve, focusing on the emotions individuals experience whilst transitioning through the change
- Reviewing the two core areas of optimism – permanence and pervasiveness
- Exploring various automatic unhelpful thinking patterns which can often deter a resilient approach
- Challenging these automatic unhelpful thinking patterns
- Identifying areas of stress and finding ways to keep stress levels in check
- Action planning – applying a more resilient and optimistic approach following the session
Spaces are limited so please respond at your earliest convenience to secure your seat.
17:30 to 18:15 – Arrival and welcome reception
18:15 to 20:00 – Introduction and workshop begins
20:00 to 21:00 – Closing remarks and networking
If you require any reasonable adjustments to help you participate in the workshop, please let us know.
With thanks to Schroders for their support.